This Meatloaf recipe is homemade and as it says I add it my own style to it. Very easy to make and tastes delicious!
Since I already had the hamburger meat, I decided to make a meatloaf. Leo really loves my meatloaf because I fix it differently than most people.
I have made meatloaf this way for years. You see, I don't like meatloaf smothered in ketchup. I don't know how I got this idea, but I put cream of mushroom soup on the top of mine. It's really good made this way.
Two other things that I put in my meatloaf are:
So here's what you'll need to make my meatloaf.
- 2 lbs. ground chuck
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 small green peppers, chopped
- 1 cup Old Fashioned oats
- 1 pkg. Lipton's Beefy Onion Soup and Dip Mix
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ¾ cup milk
- ½ cup ketchup
- ground pepper, to taste
- can of cream of mushroom soup (for the top)
Mix all the ingredients together. Pour into a greased casserole dish and shape it into a loaf.
I use a fork to shape it and pull it away from the sides of the dish.
Bake the meatloaf at 350 degrees for one hour. Then take it out of the oven and carefully pour off any extra fat and spread a can of cream of mushroom soup over the top. Bake for 15 minutes more.
This meatloaf makes a lot. The four of us had a generous serving Friday evening, and yesterday Leo and I had meatloaf sandwiches. And as I am writing this post, I am heating the remaining part for lunch.
Yum! This is comfort food at it best! Even Lucy is hoping for a little bit of the meatloaf.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all of the ingredients above (except for the cream of mushroom soup.)
- Pour into a greased casserole dish
- Shape into a loaf and bake for 1 hour.
- Take it out of the oven and pour off any extra fat and spread the top with the cream of mushroom soup
- Bake 15 minutes more.