Air fryers have truly reshaped our culinary experiences, becoming an essential tool for those mindful of calories and carbohydrates.
With the advent of this kitchen marvel, the prep time associated with traditional oven roasting has significantly reduced, allowing us to savor the crisp essence of chickpeas much faster.
This means we can indulge in that desired roasting crisp without the surplus calories. Our collection of air fryer chickpeas recipes is a testament to this, offering health-friendly yet tantalizingly crisp dishes.
Canned chickpeas, a staple in many kitchens, are not just convenient but also brimming with vital nutrients like calcium, protein, and fiber.
When seasoned with aromatic flavors, such as dill, these humble beans evolve into crispy wonders in a fraction of the total time once needed. If a savory, nutrient-rich, and time-saving snack is what you're after, our recipe compilation will undoubtedly delight your palate.
- Crispy Air Fryer Chickpeas
- Air Fryer Crunchy Chili-Spiced Chickpeas
- Air Fryer Chickpeas With Chili-Lime Seasoning
- Air Fryer Spicy Roasted Chickpeas
- Air Fryer Chickpeas (No Oil)
- Air Fryer Ranch Chickpeas
- Crispy Air Fryer Chickpeas (Gluten-Free, Vegan)
- Air Fryer Carrots & Chickpeas With Ricotta
- Air-Fryer Chickpea Fritters with Sweet-Spicy Sauce
- Air Fryer Chickpeas (Chili Lime)
- Crispy Garlic Roasted Chickpeas
- Air Fried Cinnamon and Sugar Chickpeas
- Air Fryer Sweet and Salty Roasted Chickpeas
- Air Fryer Chickpeas with Garlic and Rosemary
- Honey Roasted Chickpeas In Air Fryer
- Crispy Air Fryer Buffalo Chickpeas
- Spicy Air Fryer Chickpeas With Cilantro
- Crispy Chili-Lime Spiced Air Fryer Chickpeas
- Air-Fryer Caesar Roasted Chickpeas
- Air Fryer Bombay Spice Roasted Chickpeas
- Air Fryer Salt and Vinegar Chickpeas
- Air Fryer Vegetable Pakora
- Air Fryer Roasted Garlic Hummus
- Air Fryer Beetroot Hummus
- Buddha Bowl with Air Fryer Chickpeas
- Air-Fried Chickpeas and Squash
- 15 Minute Crispy Air Fryer Chickpeas
- Ultra Crispy Air Fryer Chickpeas
- Slimming World Chickpea Curry In Air Fryer
- Easy Roasted Butternut Squash Curry
- Maple-Curry Air-Fried Chickpeas
- Air Fryer Sesame Seeds Chickpeas
- Healthy Air Fryer Eggplant And Chickpeas Salad
- 📋 Recipe
- Frequently Asked Questions:
- 💬 Comments
This dish combines chickpeas with a flavorful blend of spices to achieve a crispy texture. The touch of cayenne provides a little kick, perfect for a mid-afternoon snack.
If you're in the mood for a snack with a zesty twist, these chickpeas are seasoned with chili powder and lime zest. The finishing touch of kosher salt balances out the flavors beautifully.
These chickpeas are roasted with a tangy chili-lime seasoning and a hint of garlic. They're perfect to munch on during movie nights or as a spicy salad topping.
Looking for a snack with a bit of a kick? These spicy chickpeas incorporate turmeric and garam masala, giving them a unique flavor. Pair them with a cooling dip or yogurt for balance.
If you're aiming for a healthier snack, this oil-free chickpea recipe is your answer. Seasoned with a mix of spices, they're both fragrant and flavorful. You can pair these chickpeas with a cold beverage for a refreshing treat.
These chickpeas are a perfect blend of savory flavors with ranch seasoning. They make a great accompaniment to salads or can be enjoyed just on their own for a flavorful crunch.
These gluten-free and vegan chickpeas boast a crispy texture with the warmth of paprika. They're a crowd-pleaser, suitable for various dietary needs and perfect for gatherings.
This dish offers a delightful medley of roasted carrots and chickpeas, spiced with ras el hanout. The creaminess of the ricotta and a drizzle of honey create a perfectly balanced flavor profile.
Dive into these chickpea fritters seasoned with cumin and ginger. The sweet-spicy sauce adds a tantalizing touch, making them ideal for appetizers or paired with fresh salads.
These chickpeas are seasoned with a blend of chili, lime, and a hint of cayenne. Enjoy them on a sunny day with a refreshing drink, as they bring both zest and crunch.
This recipe showcases chickpeas roasted to perfection with garlic and paprika. Serve them alongside grilled vegetables or toss them in your salad for an extra crunch.
Satisfy your sweet tooth with these chickpeas, sprinkled with cinnamon and sugar. They're an excellent dessert alternative and pair wonderfully with a cup of hot tea.
For those who love the best of both worlds, these chickpeas offer a delightful balance of sweet cinnamon and savory sea salt. They're ideal for snacking during a relaxing evening.
Dive into the aromatic blend of garlic and rosemary with these chickpeas. Perfect as a side dish, they also make a great addition to your Mediterranean-inspired meals.
These chickpeas, glazed with honey and a hint of cinnamon, are the perfect sweet treat. Serve them during dessert time or as a mid-morning snack.
Craving some heat? These chickpeas, infused with buffalo sauce, are your spicy go-to. They're best enjoyed during game nights or as a fiery salad topping.
Spice up your snack game with these chickpeas, seasoned with hot sauce and fresh cilantro. They're perfect for those who appreciate a bold flavor and herbaceous touch.
Enjoy a tangy and spicy experience with these chickpeas, seasoned with chili, cumin, and lime zest. They're a delightful treat for those who love a hint of zest in their snacks.
For a gourmet twist, these chickpeas are flavored with Caesar dressing mix and olive oil. They're an elegant addition to your appetizers or salads.
Travel to India without leaving your kitchen with these chickpeas, seasoned with a blend of Bombay spices. They're the perfect snack for those looking for a burst of exotic flavors.
Revel in the classic combination of salt and vinegar with these crunchy chickpeas. Ideal for picnics or as a side to sandwiches, they bring both tang and texture.
Indulge in these vegetable pakoras made with a medley of veggies and spiced besan batter. They're the perfect accompaniment to your evening tea or as a starter before dinner.
This recipe beautifully combines chickpeas with roasted garlic to produce a creamy, rich dip. Infused with lemon and smoky paprika, it's an appetizer that's perfect for any gathering.
Beetroot's earthy sweetness marries flawlessly with the creamy texture of chickpeas. Accentuated by tahini and lemon juice, this vibrant dip is elevated further when garnished with fresh mint.
This Buddha bowl celebrates a wholesome mix of roasted vegetables and crispy air-fried chickpeas. Topped with a luscious tahini dressing, it pairs perfectly with a sprinkle of feta and a side of bulgur wheat.
Cauliflower, squash, and chickpeas come together in this dish to create a flavorful medley. Seasoned with garam masala and fresh parsley, it's a side that complements any main course.
This quick snack offers chickpeas with an enticingly crispy texture. With just a hint of olive oil and salt, they make for a healthy treat, ideal for movie nights or midday munchies.
Every bite of these chickpeas offers a crunch, seasoned with an enticing blend of spices. With undertones of garlic and a potential kick from cayenne, they're a snack to remember.
Experience the flavors of authentic curry with roasted chickpeas as the star. Balanced with garam masala and curry powder, it's a taste adventure that's even better when paired with warm naan bread.
This curry spotlights butternut squash's natural sweetness against a backdrop of aromatic spices. With the added richness of chickpeas and spinach, it's a hearty meal that pairs wonderfully with crushed peanuts.
These chickpeas combine the warmth of curry with the sweetness of maple. The hint of sunflower butter or tahini brings a creamy undertone, making them an ideal snack or salad topping.
This Asian-inspired treat combines the nuttiness of sesame with the robust flavor of chickpeas. With a balance of sweet and savory notes, they're perfect for munching on during relaxed evenings.
Fresh cubes of eggplant are brought to life with turmeric and avocado oil in this dish. Paired with chickpeas, cucumber, and cherry tomatoes, this salad is refreshing with a burst of flavors in every bite.
Air Fried Chickpeas
Prepare the Chickpeas:
- Open the can of chickpeas and drain all the liquid. Rinse the chickpeas thoroughly under cold water and drain again. Pat them dry using paper towels or a clean kitchen towel.1 can of Chickpeas
Coat with Olive Oil:
- In a mixing bowl, combine the rinsed and dried chickpeas with 1 teaspoon of olive oil. Toss to coat the chickpeas evenly in the oil.1 teaspoon Olive Oil
Season the Chickpeas:
- Sprinkle the onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, and salt over the chickpeas. Toss the chickpeas again to ensure they are well coated with the seasoning.¼ teaspoon Onion Powder, ¼ teaspoon Garlic Powder, ¼ teaspoon Paprika, ¼ teaspoon Salt
Preheat the Air Fryer:
- Preheat your air fryer to 390°F (200°C) for a few minutes.
Air Fry the Chickpeas:
- Once the air fryer is preheated, carefully place the seasoned chickpeas in the air fryer basket in a single layer. Avoid overcrowding, as this will ensure even cooking and crispy results.
- Air fry the chickpeas at 390°F (200°C) for 14 minutes. Halfway through the cooking time (around 7 minutes), open the air fryer and shake the basket or gently stir the chickpeas to promote even cooking.
Check for Crispiness:
- After 14 minutes, check the chickpeas for desired crispiness. If they are not as crispy as you'd like, you can air fry them for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Experiment with different seasonings such as cumin, chili powder, curry powder, or smoked paprika to create various flavor profiles.
- For a touch of tanginess, add a squeeze of fresh lemon juice to the chickpeas before serving.
Frequently Asked Questions:
How to air fry chickpeas?
Drain, rinse, and dry chickpeas. Then, toss them with oil and seasonings. Air fry at 390°F (200°C) for 15-20 minutes, shaking occasionally.
Why are my chickpeas popping in an air fryer?
Excess moisture causes chickpeas to pop. Ensure they're thoroughly dried before air frying.
Do air-fried chickpeas go bad?
Yes, air-fried chickpeas can go bad. Store them in an airtight container for up to a week for best freshness.
Why are my chickpeas not crispy?
If your chickpeas don’t come out crispy, they may have been overcrowded in the air fryer, have had excess moisture before going in, or weren't air fried long enough.
What happens if you don't soak chickpeas before cooking?
Chickpeas will take longer to cook and may have a less even texture if you don’t soak and then dry them before cooking.