Do you love cucumber salad? How about ranch dressing? If so, then you're going to love this cucumber ranch dressing recipe! It's an easy take on a classic, and it's perfect for summertime BBQs and potlucks.
This dressing is also great on salads or as a dip. Such a fun idea - and only takes 5 minutes to make!
Refreshing Cucumber Ranch Dressing: An Easy and Fun Take on a Classic
This refreshing cucumber ranch dressing is the perfect condiment for any salad, whether it's a summery cucumber salad or a more traditional lettuce-based one.
Its creamy and tangy flavor makes it a great addition to any dish, while its light and airy texture ensures that it won't overpower the other flavors in your salad.
Plus, this easy recipe only takes 5 minutes to make (I cannot repeat that enough)! So if you're looking for an exciting twist on your classic salads, give this delicious cucumber ranch dressing a try - you won't be disappointed!
What You Need To Make Cucumber Ranch Dressing
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup fresh chives
- 1 cucumber
- 1 teaspoon dry dill
- 1 teaspoon dry parsley (or fresh)
- ½ teaspoon onion powder (optional)
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder (or fresh)
- Pinch of salt and pepper
How to Make Cucumber Ranch Dressing
Wash the cucumber and peel it.
Cut the cucumber into 2-3 pieces and place it in a blender.
Add all the other ingredients to the blender and process until everything is well combined.
Pour the dressing in a jar and serve it with fresh cucumbers.
Tips to Make Cucumber Ranch Dressing
- Look for firm cucumbers with smooth and even skin.
- Wash the cucumbers thoroughly before use to remove any dirt or bacteria.
- Cut off both ends of the cucumber before slicing or dicing it for your recipe.
- Use a box grater or food processor to grate the cucumber into small pieces for your dressing recipe if desired, as this will give you an extra creamy texture and flavor in your final dish!
- When making your dressing, opt for Greek yogurt instead of regular dairy yogurt which will give you a thicker consistency that won’t be too watery when combined with other ingredients like mayonnaise and sour cream
- For optimal flavor let the dressing chill in refrigerator overnight so all flavors can meld together nicely.
- Finishing touches: Add some lemon juice and/or hot sauce if desired to add acidity and heat respectively!
FAQs about Making Cucumber Ranch Dressing
Can I use other vegetables in this dressing?
Yes, you can replace the cucumber with any other vegetable of your choice such as zucchini, bell peppers, carrots and more. Feel free to experiment!
Is it possible to make this dressing vegan-friendly?
Absolutely! You can use vegan mayonnaise instead of regular mayo and opt for plant-based yogurt such as coconut or soy yogurt.
Is this cucumber ranch dressing gluten-free?
Yes, this dressing is generally gluten-free since none of the ingredients contain gluten. However, always check the labels of your mayonnaise and other condiments used to make sure there are no hidden sources of gluten.
How long does cucumber ranch dressing last in the refrigerator?
It should last up to 5 days if stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container.
What is the best way to serve cucumber ranch dressing?
This dressing is perfect for salads, sandwiches, wraps and veggie sticks. You can also use it as a dip or drizzle it over grilled meats and vegetables.
Cucumber Ranch Dressing
- 1 blender
- 1 knife
- 1 cutting board
- 2 Jars
- Wash the cucumber and peel it.1 cucumber
- Cut the cucumber into 2-3 pieces and place it in a blender.1 cucumber
- Add all the other ingredients to the blender and process until everything is well combined.½ cup sour cream, 1 cup mayonnaise, ¼ cup fresh chives, 1 teaspoon dry dill, 1 teaspoon dry parsley, ½ teaspoon onion powder, ½ teaspoon garlic powder, Pinch of salt and pepper
- Pour the dressing in a jar and serve it with fresh cucumbers, carrot sticks or fries!