Fish and chips - the classic comfort food that makes mouths water and hearts swell with nostalgia. But who said classics can't get an upgrade?
Whether you're a seafood lover or just looking for a family-friendly dinner idea, these recipes will make your taste buds sing.
From classic renditions that pay homage to the traditional British pub fare to gluten-free fish tacos that cater to various dietary needs. Each recipe celebrates flavors, textures, and the joy of biting into a satisfying meal.
In this collection of 21 tasty air fryer recipes, I'm about to embark on a culinary adventure that takes the beloved fish and chips to new heights. Forget the greasy takeout versions; we're talking about crispy, golden filets of fish paired with perfectly cooked fries, all made effortlessly healthier in the air fryer.
- Air Fryer Fish & Chips
- Beer Battered Fish
- Best Air Fryer Fried Fish Recipe
- Air Fryer Fish & Chips Recipe (With French Fries)
- Air Fryer Fish and Chips Recipe - Made With Fresh Fish & Frozen French Fries
- Air Fryer Fish & Chips (Use Fresh or Frozen Fillets!)
- Crispy Air Fried Fish (Gluten Free Option)
- Air Fryer Fish and Chips Healthy
- Air Fryer Fish Fillet Recipe
- Air Fryer Skinny Fish and Chips with Tartar Sauce
- Low FODMAP Air Fryer Fish and Chips (Gluten-Free)
- Air Fryer Fish and Chips with Pickle Aioli Recipe
- Fremont Scottish Beer Battered Fish and Chips (Air Fryer)
- Easy Air Fryer Fish and Chips
- Gluten-Free Air Fryer Fish and Chips
- Classic Fish and Chips
- Fish Fingers In Air Fryer
- THE BEST Fish and Chips Recipe (Video)
- Paleo Fish and Chips
- Keto Fish and Chips (Whole30)
- Air Fryer Fish & Chips and French Fries Recipe
- 📋 Recipe
- Frequently Asked Questions
- 💬 Comments
These crispy, golden fish filets and perfectly cooked chips are a delightful twist on a classic. Enjoy this irresistible combo with a side of tangy tartar sauce for a casual weeknight dinner.
The beer-infused batter envelops the succulent fish filets in this delicious fish recipe. This dish offers a unique twist on traditional fish and chips, making it ideal for a hearty weekend lunch.
This is the ultimate air fryer fried fish recipe that delivers a satisfying crunch without the excess oil. Serve it alongside a zesty coleslaw for a mouthwatering meal.
This recipe combines the convenience of air frying with the classic flavors of fish and chips. The result is crispy fish and fries, served hot and ready to satisfy your cravings.
You can enjoy the best of both worlds with this recipe that pairs fresh fish with the ease of frozen fries. With this dish, you can delight in a quick and wholesome meal any time you desire.
Whether you opt for fresh or frozen filets, this air fryer fish and chips dish guarantees a crispy and wholesome experience. Elevate it with a side of lemon wedges for an extra kick.
You can indulge in crispy perfection with this gluten-free air-fried fish. The unique crunch will captivate your taste buds. It pairs perfectly with a refreshing cucumber salad for a healthy twist.
This air fryer fish and chips recipe will satisfy your guilt-free pleasure. Its light, crispy coating and a side of mixed greens make it a wholesome choice for a well-balanced dinner.
These tender air-fried white fish filets boast a tantalizing aroma and a hint of spice. Plate them alongside a zesty salsa for a unique and flavorful dining experience.
Enjoy a guilt-free version of the beloved fish and chips with this skinny fish recipe. The bonus is a homemade tartar sauce that adds a tangy, homemade touch.
This gluten-free and low FODMAP twist on fish and chips is perfect for those with dietary restrictions. You can savor the comforting flavors without the worry of discomfort.
Spice up your fish and chips game with this zesty pickle aioli recipe. The combination of crispy fish and tangy sauce is a match made in culinary heaven.
Transport your taste buds to Scotland with this Fremont beer-battered fish and chips recipe. The air fryer method ensures a delectably crispy Scottish finish.
Are you craving a quick and easy dinner? Look no further than this fuss-free air fryer fish and chips recipe. It's a family-friendly favorite that satisfies in no time.
This dish boasts crispy, gluten-free fish filets and perfectly air-fried chips. Serve them with a side of homemade tartar sauce for a satisfying, celiac-friendly meal that everyone can enjoy.
Have the timeless appeal of classic fish and chips in this easy-to-make recipe. This dish stays true to tradition, offering a comforting meal to enjoy with friends and family.
With the help of an air fryer in this quick fish recipe, you can transform ordinary fish fingers into extraordinary ones. These crispy bites are perfect for snacking or as a kid-friendly dinner option.
You’ll discover the secrets to making the ultimate fish and chips with this comprehensive recipe. Watch the video for step-by-step guidance, and treat yourself to perfection.
For those following a paleo lifestyle, this recipe provides a grain-free and delicious alternative to traditional fish and chips. You can pair it with a side of potato fries for a wholesome meal.
You can dive into a Whole30-friendly version of fish and chips that won't compromise on taste in this healthy fish recipe. This low-carb delight is perfect for those seeking a keto option.
Enjoy the complete fish and chips experience, complete with crispy french fries in this full-meal recipe. This all-in-one dish ensures a delightful and fulfilling meal.
Fish and Chips in the Air Fryer
For the Fries:
- 5-6 medium-large Idaho or Russet potatoes
- 2-3 tablespoons avocado or olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Additional spices e.g., 1 teaspoon sweet paprika, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 1 teaspoon pickle seasoning
For the Fish:
For the Fries:
- Wash and scrub the potatoes thoroughly. Cut them into even-sized wedges, about ½ inch thick.5-6 medium-large Idaho or Russet potatoes
- Rinse the potato wedges with cold water until the water runs clear. This helps remove excess starch.
- Soak the potato wedges in a bowl of cold water with ice cubes in the fridge for at least 30 minutes. This step removes more starch for crispier fries.
- After soaking, drain and pat the potato wedges dry with paper towels to remove excess moisture.
- Toss the potato wedges in a shallow bowl with 2-3 tablespoons of avocado or olive oil.2-3 tablespoons avocado or olive oil, Avocado or olive oil spray
- Place the potato wedges in the air fryer basket in layers, ensuring they are not overcrowded.
- Cook for 7-10 minutes at 375°F (190°C), tossing halfway.
- Remove the partially cooked fries, then toss them in a bowl with a bit more oil, salt, cayenne pepper, and your choice of spices (e.g., paprika, garlic powder, pickle seasoning).Additional spices, ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Return the seasoned fries to the air fryer and cook for an additional 7-10 minutes at 400°F (200°C), tossing a few times for even cooking. The fries should be crispy on the outside and tender on the inside.
For the Fish:
- Take the frozen cod filets directly from the fridge and pat them dry with paper towels.5 pieces of frozen cod filets
- Prepare three medium-sized containers for coating the fish:
- Container #1: Combine 1 ½ cups of all-purpose flour with sugar, salt, and pepper.Salt and pepper to taste, 1 tablespoon sugar, 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour, 1 teaspoon salt
- Container #2: Make the coating batter by sifting flour, mixing it with 1 egg, and slowly adding beer until you get a thick but not too liquid batter.1 cup beer, 1 large egg
- Container #3: Mix breadcrumbs with salt and pepper.1 cup breadcrumbs
- Coat each cod fillet with flour, then the beer batter, and finish with breadcrumbs.
- Spray the coated fish filets with oil on all sides.
- Place the fish filets in the air fryer and cook for about 10 minutes at 375-400°F (190-200°C), or until the internal temperature reaches 145°F (63°C), flipping halfway. Avoid overcrowding the fish and cook in batches.
For the Tartar Sauce:
- Mix together all the ingredients listed for the tartar sauce in the description until well combined.⅓ cup mayonnaise, 1 ½ tablespoons dill pickles, ½ teaspoon black pepper, ½ teaspoon sugar, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, 1 teaspoon mustard
- Serve your homemade Air Fryer Fish and Chips with a side of tartar sauce for dipping.
- Enjoy your delicious homemade Fish and Chips right from the air fryer!
Frequently Asked Questions
Why do you soak chips in water before air frying?
Soaking chips in water before air frying helps remove excess starch, making them crispier.
What's the best way to cook frozen fish and chips in the air fryer?
The best way to cook frozen fish and chips in the air fryer is to follow the package instructions or generally air fry them at 400°F for about 15-20 minutes, flipping halfway through.
Can you batter and fry in an air fryer?
Yes, you can batter and fry in an air fryer. It produces a similar result to deep frying but with less oil.
Why is my fish not crispy in air fryer?
Fish may not be crispy in the air fryer if it's too moist or not coated properly. Try patting it dry and ensuring a good coating of oil or breading.
Can I use fish breading in the air fryer?
You can use fish breading in the air fryer to achieve a crispy and delicious outer layer for your fish.