Ovens have long been the traditional choice for baking, but air fryers are swiftly changing the baked goods landscape. With the convenience of rapid hot air circulation, air fryers adeptly handle cake batter, turning it into a moist, unfrosted cake in a fraction of the time.
Gone are the days of meticulously adjusting oven temperatures; with a whisk, flour, and a hand mixer, one can effortlessly blend in ingredients like salt, baking soda, eggs, and various powders, including cocoa powder, to create a batter ready for the fryer.
The marvel of air-fried cakes is not just in their fluffy texture but also in their lower carbohydrates content, making them an Instagram-worthy sensation. While the aroma of both dessert and savory cakes baking is undeniably comforting, the efficiency and health benefits of using air fryers are a testament to modern culinary evolution.
Here are 27 of the best air fryer cake recipes you can try today!
- Air Fryer Cake with Cake Mix
- Homemade Air Fryer Cake
- Air Fryer Victoria Sponge Cake
- Air Fryer Carrot Cake
- Keto Air Fryer Salmon Cakes with Sriracha Mayo
- Air Fryer Classic Pound Cake (Only 4 Ingredients)
- Air Fryer Lemon Cake
- Lemon Air Fryer Pound Cake
- Air Fryer Small Eggless Vegan Cake
- Air Fryer Red, White and Blue Cheesecake
- Chocolate Cake in an Air Fryer
- Crab Cakes in the Air Fryer
- Air-Fried Butter Cake
- Air Fryer Banana Cake
- Air Fryer 4-Ingredient Apple Cake
- Crispy Air Fryer Fish Cakes
- Insanely Good Funnel Cakes in an Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Cheesecake Chimichangas
- Quick and Easy Air Fryer Cake Donuts
- Boxed Cake Mix Cupcakes in The Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Old Fashioned Coffee Cake
- Air Fryer Chocolate Molten Lava Cakes
- Air Fryer Fruit Cake
- Air Fryer Banana Bread Bundt Cake
- Air Fryer Mug Cake (2 Quick Ways)
- Air Fryer Mashed Potato Cakes
- Air Fryer Creamy Cheesecakes
- 📋 Recipe
- Frequently Asked Questions
- 💬 Comments
This dish utilizes your favored boxed mix to offer a dessert with fewer calories. It’s simple and perfect for those sudden dessert cravings or when time is limited.
Made with butter, cocoa, and vanilla extract, this recipe delivers a chocolaty richness. The buttercream frosting provides a luxurious touch for celebrations.
A delightful layer cake that marries fluffy sponge with a creamy strawberry middle. Its origins are British, and it's absolutely delightful with afternoon tea.
This cake, teeming with fresh carrots and a hint of citrus, has a good dose of fiber. This carrot cake is ideal for spring or when you seek a healthier dessert.
These savory salmon cakes are not just keto-friendly but also protein-rich. The spicy sriracha mayo complements them perfectly, making a memorable meal.
This timeless cake, with its fluffy texture and buttery goodness, requires minimal ingredients. Paired with coffee, it’s the essence of simplicity.
Blending butter and margarine, this zesty cake is unique. It boasts a tangy flavor from lemon juice and is best served at room temperature.
A fusion of lemon and vanilla gives this cake its special edge. Pour some tea, and you have the makings of a cozy afternoon.
Rich in cocoa and vanilla, this vegan treat ensures even those watching cholesterol can indulge. Almonds add a crunch, making it universally appealing.
This patriotic cheesecake is a festive blend of creamy texture and vibrant colors. It's the ideal centerpiece for national holiday celebrations.
This soft and moist chocolate cake has a surprising twist with apricot jam. Paired with fresh fruit, it's a heavenly balance of flavors, making every bite memorable.
These crab cakes bring the ocean's bounty right to your plate. Enhanced with Old Bay and Dijon mustard, they're a perfect choice for seafood lovers.
At the heart of this recipe is the pure, comforting flavor of butter. It ensures a fluffy texture that complements a warm cup of tea.
Rich in fiber and protein, this banana cake offers a delicious blend of ripe bananas and butter. A slice goes well with a chilly morning coffee.
This apple cake prioritizes the natural sweetness of apples. The low sodium content complements the home-baked essence, making it a heart-healthy choice.
These fish cakes showcase fresh cod filets and a dash of cilantro. With a side of lime, it becomes a carbohydrate-light treat suitable for any meal.
This recipe is a Pinterest favorite for a reason. The funnel cakes are light and fluffy, and when whisked with powdered sugar, they resemble fairground perfection.
Creamy cheesecake inside a tortilla makes this dish stand out. A touch of strawberry pie filling elevates it, and it's even better when shared on Facebook with friends.
Perfect for breakfast or a sweet snack, these donuts are a delightful combination of cinnamon, nutmeg, and vanilla. Dip them in your favorite glaze or icing for added sweetness.
No need to purchase any exotic ingredients; transform your boxed cupcake mix into these airy delights. Dress them up with frosting and sprinkles for a personalized touch.
This two-layered coffee cake brings together the sweetness of cinnamon and brown sugar with a buttery texture. Pecan garnish adds a nutty crunch that elevates every bite.
When you're craving a dessert that's both rich and oozy, these molten lava cakes are a dream come true. Every spoonful promises a blend of warm chocolatey goodness.
A hearty dessert that showcases a blend of dried fruits and subtle spices. This cake's unique mix of gluten-free and almond flours ensures every slice is moist and flavorful.
With ripe bananas as the star, this cake is a delightful twist on classic banana bread. Cinnamon adds a spicy warmth, perfect for cozy evenings.
Craving a quick chocolate fix? This mug cake, rich in cocoa and sweetened with honey, is your answer. Enjoy it as a solo treat or share with a loved one.
Turn leftover mashed potatoes into crispy, cheesy cakes. This cake is Infused with bacon and green onions, they're a savory snack that pairs well with a tangy dip.
These mini cheesecakes are the epitome of creamy decadence. Whether topped with sour cream, powdered sugar, or fruit, they're a delightful end to any meal.
Air Fryer Crab Cakes
Prepare the Ingredients:
- Finely dice the red bell pepper and finely slice the green onions.½ Red Bell Pepper, 2 Green Onions
- Drain and gently pick through the lump crab meat to remove any shells.
Mix the Crab Cake Mixture:
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the lump crab meat, diced red bell pepper, sliced green onions, mayonnaise, crushed saltine crackers, Dijon mustard, Old Bay seasoning, and the juice of one lemon. Gently fold the ingredients together to combine.8 oz Lump Crab Meat, 2 Tablespoons Mayonnaise, 2 Tablespoons Saltine Crackers, 1 Tablespoon Dijon Mustard, Juice of 1 Lemon, ½ Teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
Form and Chill the Crab Cakes:
- Using your hands, form the crab cake mixture into approximately 4 equal-sized cakes. Each cake should be about 4 tablespoons of the mixture.
- Place the formed crab cakes onto plastic wrap. Wrap them individually and place them in the refrigerator to chill for at least 1 hour. Chilling helps the crab cakes hold their shape during cooking.
Preheat the Air Fryer:
- Preheat your air fryer to 370°F (188°C) for a few minutes.
Air Fry the Crab Cakes:
- Lightly grease the air fryer basket to prevent sticking.
- Carefully unwrap the chilled crab cakes and place them in a single layer in the air fryer basket.
- Air fry the crab cakes at 370°F (188°C) for 10 minutes, turning them halfway through the cooking time for even browning.
- Once the crab cakes are golden brown and cooked through, carefully remove them from the air fryer basket.
- Serve the air-fried crab cakes with your choice of dipping sauce, such as Remoulade Sauce or Tartare Sauce.
- For even more flavor, you can add a dash of Worcestershire sauce or hot sauce to the crab cake mixture.
- The cooking time might vary slightly depending on the specific model of your air fryer. Adjust the cooking time if needed to achieve the desired level of crispiness and doneness.
- These crab cakes are delicious on their own or served in a sandwich or salad.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are air fryers good for baking cakes?
Yes, air fryers can effectively bake cakes with a crispy exterior and moist interior.
Can you use normal cake tins in an air fryer?
Yes, you can use normal cake tins as long as they fit inside the air fryer comfortably without obstructing airflow.
Can I put a cake pan in my Airfryer?
Absolutely; just ensure the cake pan is metal or oven-safe material and fits well.
Is it possible to bake in an air fryer?
Yes, you can bake a variety of dishes, including cakes, bread, and muffins, in an air fryer.